Monday, November 28, 2022

Jim Nantz

 Q began modeling in Tokyo, Japan when she was 17, at the suggestion of a close friend. Then she tried to move but failed in Taipei (Taipei), Taiwan. She tried again in Hong Kong, where she began using her stage name Maggie Q because the locals couldn't pronounce Quigley properly. [7][10][15] She has said it was difficult for her "I had twenty bucks in my wallet. I mean, I literally did the same thing that my mom did when she quit Vietnam... did not speak Vietnamese... was without money. She became a guru of Jackie Chan in Hong Kong who saw her as a potential action-star. She was taught professionalism by her extensive training, and learned how to do herself in her own way. She later stated, "I had never done any kind of martial art in my entire life before I began my career in business. I couldn't touch my toes. "In 1998, [16] she began her acting career with the TV drama House of the Dragon, which became a massive hit in Asia. In 2000 she made her debut in film as Anna in the film horror Model from Hell, and went on to star in the role of FBI agent Jane Quigley in the action thriller Gen-Y Cops that year. Chan was so impressed by her performance in Gen-Y Cops that he commissioned her to play the actress as the lead in Manhattan Midnight and Rush Hour 2. In 2002, she starred in Naked Weapon as the martial artist who assassinated Charlene Chuing. In 2004, she starred alongside Kelly Hu, Russell Wong as well as other Asian-American actors in an ad-free 30 second PSA produced by Mark Allen for CAUSE USA (Center for Asian Americans United for Self Empowerment), The Least Likely, encouraging Asian and Pacific Islander Americans to register and vote. [17][18][19][20] She starred in the TV show German-Singaporean called House of Harmony opposite Fann Wong. She also produced Earthlings an investigative documentary on the treatment of animals that was narrated Joaquin Phoenix.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice Eve

  Eve has appeared on television dramas such as the BBC's The Rotters' Club, Agatha Christie's Poirot and Hawking and starred in...